Course Unit: Ground Support Systems, Excavation Safety for Operatives
Course Duration 3 Days
This course provides the skills and knowledge necessary for those required to work in and around excavations
On completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Describe the factors that can lead to trench collapse
- Explain the effect ground movement can have on structures and underground services
- Describe methods of controlling ground water
- Recognise situations that warrant trench support
- Select appropriate methods and systems for support
- Install trench support systems including hydraulic, timber, and steel systems safely
- Remove trench support systems safely
- Carry out safety inspections of support systems
Classroom, Workshop based training and assessment.
Pre Course Requirements
Anyone required to work in and around excavations
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with who has or is likely to have responsibility for the safety of excavations
Maximum 8 learners.