Course Unit: Level 1 Certificate Network Construction Operations Gas
Course Duration 15 Days
This is a nationally recognised 1 day course accredited by Energy and Utility Skills (EUS) to provide a consistent utility industry approach in line with HSE guidelines.
Successful completion of the course will also allow candidates to be registered on the Gas Industry Registration Scheme (GIRS) which is a mandatory requirement for those working on self lay mains and services schemes.
Successful candidates are registered on the Energy & Utility Skills Register database and are issued with a CSCS affiliated photo card, which is required to be carried and used as proof of accreditation in the work place and will allow access for gas industry workers to enter construction sites.
Regular courses for the Safety, Health and Environment Awareness SHEA Gas are scheduled throughout the year, please call enquire or to book.
On completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Assist in locating and avoiding supply apparatus and sub-structures
- Under supervision, excavate holes and trenches
- Assist in preparing for reinstatement of excavation
- Under supervision contribute to an efficient and effective work environment
- Under supervision contribute to health, safety and environment in the workplace
- Under supervision operate powered tools and equipment
- Under supervision join PE pipe by electro fusion welding
- Under supervision assemble components
- Assist in preparing resources and signing, lighting and guarding for the highway works
- Under supervision join PE pipe by butt fusion welding
Classroom, Workshop based training and assessment. Portfolio building
Pre Course Requirements
New starters to the industry. Ideally they should have Shea Gas qualification or alternatively the SHEA course can be delivered in week 1
Maximum 10 learners.