Course Unit: Level 1 Certificate Network Construction Operations Water
Course Duration 15 Days
This is a nationally recognised 1day course accredited by Energy and Utility Skills (EUS) to provide a consistent utility industry approach in line with HSE guidelines. Registration as an Assistant with EUSR is for a period of 5 years.
Successful candidates are registered on the Energy & Utility Skills Register database and are issued with a CSCS affiliated photo card, which is required to be carried and used as proof of accreditation in the work place and will allow access for Water industry workers to enter construction sites.
Regular courses for the Safety, Health and Environment Awareness SHEA Water are scheduled throughout the year, please call to book.
On completion of the course a competent water Assistant would be expected to be able to perform:
- Work as part of a team under the direction of a team leader
- Work as an individual
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) properly and safely
- Use hand tools in a safe and effective manner
- Use power tools in a safe and effective manner
- Care for and maintain tools and equipment
- Meet work deadlines
- Identify and select materials and components relevant to Network activities
- Handle materials and components using accepted and safe methods and procedures
- Follow instructions for maintaining a clean and secure workplace
- Follow company guidelines and procedures for accident and emergency situations
- Maintain personal cleanliness in accordance with best hygiene practice
- Follow organisational policy on personal behaviour
- Follow organisational requirements for current legislation and official guidance
Classroom, Workshop based training and assessment. Portfolio building
Pre Course Requirements
New starters to the industry. Ideally they should have Shea Water qualification or alternatively the SHEA course can be delivered in week 1
Maximum 10 learners.