Course Unit: Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus.
Course Duration: 1 day.
Courses are scheduled throughout the year. If you are interested in this course then please contact us and we will be delighted to discuss your requirements.
To provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to locate and trace underground apparatus such as water, electric and gas mains and service connections.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic principles of electronic pipe location
- Operate and use of inductive and conductive pipe locators
- Interpret plans and records
- Operate and use of non metallic pipe locators
- Be able to maintain equipment
- Describe safe working conditions and requirements relating to handling of tools and equipment
The course will consist of a mixture of classroom based tuition and practical exercises. This course covers Unit 1 of the Street Works Qualifications for Operatives and Supervisors. Following successful completion of the assessment process, application to the appropriate awarding body for accreditation will be made.
Pre Course Requirements
The course involves some practical work. Participants are requested to bring their own overalls, waterproof jacket and safety boots.
Who Should Attend?
Operatives and supervisors who need to have the knowledge and skills to locate and trace underground apparatus.
Maximum 8 learners.