COURSE UNIT: SUPERVISING IN SURFACE WATER FLOODING INCIDENTS
Course Duration 2 days
This unit is for supervisory staff working in the Flood Defence and Water Industry, Local Councils, RNLI and Fire and Rescue Services and any organisations that are deemed to be category 1 and 2 responders to incidents of surface water flooding . It is about the supervision of operatives working in areas prone to or under threat of surface water flooding and ensuring the safety of operatives and members of the public.
To obtain a recognised qualification with the skills and knowledge to supervise the installation of appropriate flood defences whilst maintaining a high level of safety for the operatives and members of the public.
On completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Supervise the Operations of the relevant plant and equipment
- Report on the effectiveness of defences
- Ensuring that all hazards are identified and ensuring all work is carried out safely.
- Identify and deal with problems
- Record information and report to managers.
- Ensuring the workplace is kept clean, hygienic, safe and secure and ensuring operatives deploy good environmental practice.
This course is delivered through a combination of classroom presentations, discussions, scenarios and outdoor practical use of plant/equipment.
Pre Course Requirements
Learners will need to bring with them the following PPE:
- High Visibility vest/jacket Safety Helmet
- Waterproof gloves
- Safety Glasses
- Waterproof jacket/trousers Safety wellingtons or waders
Who Should Attend?
Any one requiring the skills and knowledge to supervise incidents involving Surface Water Flooding.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
Managing in Surface Water Flooding Incidents
Maximum 10 learners.