COURSE UNIT: WORKING IN SURFACE WATER FLOODING INCIDENTS
Course Duration 2 days
This course is for operational staff working in the Flood Defence and Water Industry, Local Councils, RNLI and Fire and Rescue Services and any organisations that are deemed to be category 1 and 2 responders to incidents of surface water flooding. It is about the routine inspections of areas prone to or under threat of surface water flooding and the operative’s ability to safely install temporary defences.
To obtain a recognised qualification with the skills and knowledge to install a variety of flood defences whilst maintaining a high level of safety.
On completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Operate the relevant plant and equipment
- Monitor effectiveness of defences
- Identify hazards, Work Safely
- Identify and deal with problems
- Record information and report to supervisor.
- Keep the workplace, clean, hygienic, safe and secure and understanding good environmental practice.
This course is delivered through a combination of classroom presentations, discussions, scenarios and outdoor practical use of plant/equipment.
Pre Course Requirements
Learners will need to bring with them the following PPE:
- High Visibility vest/jacket Safety Helmet
- Waterproof gloves
- Safety Glasses
- Waterproof jacket/trousers Safety wellingtons or waders
Who Should Attend?
Any one requiring the skills and knowledge to work in incidents involving Surface Water Flooding.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- Supervising in Surface Water Flooding Incidents
- Managing in Surface Water Flooding Incidents
Maximum 10 learners.