Course Unit: Confined Space Entry – High Risk
Course Duration 3 Days
This confined space training course is designed to provide learners with the practical knowledge and skills to carry out safe entry into high risk confined spaces and to deal with foreseeable risks. The course consists of 2 days of training followed by written and practical assessment on the third.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Prepare to enter and work safely in high risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use self-contained open circuit breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturers specifications
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
A mixture of theory training supported by practical exercises in a realistic confined space environment. On the second day written and practical tests are undertaken to gain the City and Guilds qualification.
Pre Course Requirements
Learners should bring with them their personal protective equipment such as hard hat, safety footwear, waterproof and Hi Vis clothing, eye protection and gloves. This course is physically demanding and involves practical exercises and assessment; all learners should be deemed medically fit to undertake such tasks.
Who Should Attend?
Those that have been nominated to work in or at confined spaces where work has been assessed and classified as NC 4 (High Risk)
Maximum 10 learners.