Course Unit: First Aid At Work
Course Duration 3 Days
This course is the Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work
This course is companies with higher hazard environments such as working with machinery
HSE First Aid in the Workplace qualification meets the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
- Aims of First Aid
- Priorities of treatment
- Primary Survey
- Use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Secondary Survey
- Recovery position
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Head injuries
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Collapsed lung
- Heart conditions
- Crush injuries
- Treatment of wounds and bleeding
- Treatment of burns and scalds
- Treatment of injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- Spinal injuries
- First aid equipment
- First aid at work and the law
Classroom, Workshop based training and practical assessment.
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
Any one requiring the skills and knowledge to perform First Aid at Work.
Maximum 10 learners.