Course Unit: Working at Heights
Course Duration 1 Day
This Ladder Safety Training course is designed to help learners understand how to use a ladder at work safely and competently. The course outlines the relevant legislation, explains how to complete a risk assessment and provide best practice advice for all aspects of ladder and stepladder safety.
Understanding how to use a ladder safely and carry out your work activity with care is essential for all types of workers.
Regular courses for the Safety, Health and Environment Awareness are scheduled throughout the year, please call to book.
On completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Outline the requirements of legislation in relation to work at heights
- Assess the hazards and risks present when working at height
- Identify appropriate risk control measures
- Identify and select appropriate access and safety equipment for working at height
- Carry out and record safety checks on access and safety equipment
- Describe how access and safety equipment for working at heights can be used safely
Classroom, Workshop based training and assessment.
Pre Course Requirements
Maximum 10 learners.