Course Unit: Ground Support Systems, Excavation Safety for Managers / Supervisors
Course Duration 3 Days
This course provide the skills and knowledge necessary for those required to supervise and manage safety of excavations.
On completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Describe the factors that can lead to trench collapse
- Explain the effect ground movement can have on structures and underground services
- Inspect support systems for safe condition
- Describe methods of controlling ground water
- Design safe systems of work for those working in and around excavations
Classroom, Workshop based training and assessment.
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with who has or is likely to have responsibility for the safety of excavations
Maximum 10 learners.