Course Unit: Re- Assessments, Re- Qualification
Course Duration: 1 day.
It is mandatory for anyone whose street works licence, commonly known as a SWQR card or ticket is expiring to pass an examination this consists of a multiple choice question paper for each unit they want to be re-registered for before a new card will be issued by SWQR.
Courses are scheduled for the last Friday of the month throughout the year. If you are interested in this course then please contact us and we will be delighted to discuss your requirements.
As from April 2012 street works qualifications have to be re-assessed every 5 years. This event provides refresher training which prepares candidates to undertake their re-assessment tests. Successful completion of the assessments will result in the renewal of the qualification.
Re-assessments of the required units from the list below (30 minutes per unit):
- Unit 001 Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Unit 010 Monitor Signing, lighting and guarding
- Unit 010 Monitor Excavation in the highway
- Unit 012 Monitor Reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Unit 013 Monitor Reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Unit 014 Monitor Reinstatement of bituminous materials hot and cold lay
- Unit 015 Monitor Reinstatement of concrete slabs
- Unit 016 Monitor Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
Reassessment is undertaken through an open book multiple choice question paper containing 10 questions with 80% required in order to pass for each unit being re-assessed.
All reference material required for the examination will be loaned on the day
Pre Course Requirements
Candidates must already hold the qualification and bring their SWQR photo card with them.
Candidates can re-apply from 6 months before their SWQR card is due to expire up to 6 months after it has expired.
It is advisable that candidates send a copy of both sides of their card before the start of the course.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone within 6 months (it is advised that 3 months better ensures successful accreditation) of the expiry of their original qualifications
Maximum 12 learners.