Course Unit: Ladder Safety
Course Duration 1 Day
This Ladder Safety Training course is designed to help learners understand how to use a ladder at work safely and competently. The course outlines the relevant legislation, explains how to complete a risk assessment and provide best practice advice for all aspects of ladder and stepladder safety.
Regular courses for the Safety, Health and Environment Awareness are scheduled throughout the year, please call to book.
On completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Assess and determine when it is appropriate to use ladders and stepladders
- Assess the condition and suitability of ladders
- Hazards affecting the use of ladders and stepladders
- Correctly locate and safely use ladders and stepladders
- Visually inspect ladders & stepladders for damage before and after use
- Outline how Legislation affects work at height
- Describe how to use Product standards and classifications for ladders and stepladders
Classroom, Workshop based training and assessment.
Pre Course Requirements
Maximum 10 learners.