Course Unit: Fire Risk Assessment
Course Duration 1 Day
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order in England and Wales and equivalent legislation in Scotland and Northern Ireland place increased emphasis on the self – management of fire safety in places of work. Under these orders, anyone who has control of premises or anyone who has a degree of control over certain areas or systems may be identified as a “responsible person”. This course is designed to introduce key safety issues and procedures relevant to the persons carrying out fire risk assessments.
The course will provide delegates with an introduction to the fire risk assessment process and allows for practical hands on experience in undertaking fire risk assessments.
You will develop
- Knowledge of the fire risk assessment process
- An understanding of fire hazards in the workplace and their associated risks
- An understanding of the fire protection measures required to provide an adequate means of escape
- Knowledge on formulating an action plan
- Awareness of current fire safety legislation
The course content includes
- Legislative requirement
- The principles and methodologies of fire risk assessment
- identification of the major causes of fire
- Means of escape and human behaviour
- Passive and active fire safety overview
- Formulating an action plan
- Practical fire risk assessment
Classroom, based training and assessment.
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
Those who have the responsibility for undertaking fire risk assessments and who wish to receive further certification in this subject in order to demonstrate competency. Delegates will be expected to have some background knowledge of fire safety but may have little or no experience in undertaking fire risk assessments
Maximum 10 learners.