Course Unit: Monitor Signing, Lighting and Guarding.
Course Duration: 1 day.
Courses are scheduled throughout the year. If you are interested in this course then please contact us and we will be delighted to discuss your requirements.
To provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to monitor sign, light and guard street works and road works in line with the 2013 Code of Practice with amendments June 2014.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- State the legal requirements
- Describe types of works
- Plan a signing lighting and guarding project
- Demonstrate the basic principles of signing and guarding
- Implement methods of traffic control
- Test and operate portable traffic signals
- Describe procedures for works near tramways and railways
The course will consist of a mixture of classroom based tuition and practical exercises. This course covers Unit 10 of the Street Works Qualifications for Supervisors.
Who Should Attend?
Staff who need to have an understanding of the current Street Works Code of Practice for Signing, Lighting and Guarding, under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
Pre Course Requirements
Attendees should bring with them passport photograph, Hi-visibilty clothing, safety footwear, suitable eye protection, suitable hearing protection, gloves and head protection.
Maximum 8 learners.